Monday, July 17, 2017

Birds, Butterflies and Clouds

We got a new suet holder to discourage the black birds from eating all of the suet. It is a feeder where the birds hang upside-down to eat or they have to climb the chain. Finally one figured it out. The second one on the side is looking like he's saying, "How the heck did you do that?" After a week they've found the feeder and are using lots of different ways to get to the food. It's fun to watch them.
Sarah stayed at our house to be with the cats when we went away for the weekend. She took a picture of this gorgeous butterfly at our white butterfly bush. It is a Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly. This type of butterfly visits every year. I look forward to its arrival.  We have two butterfly bushes, two different kinds of bee balm, lavender and sage, to name a few plants growing in our garden.


One of today's challenges is to make your own plaid. Here's one of the cards I made for that challenge.
This is a double challenge. It is for the make a plaid challenge and make a clean and simple Christmas Card.

This is the card I made for the ways to use it challenge from last week. You had to use plaid on your card. I made some behind the bird and gave the bird some ribbon to hold.

Verse of the Day:
Image result for Isaiah 61:7

This band called, Unspoken has had lots of popular Christian hits. This is one of the newest from them. It's a fun song with a message.


Blessing of the Day: Tim and I worked together to get things done around here. He cut the lawn, I vacuumed inside and the back porch. I watered the plants and cleaned them up. I got my laundry done as well as towels for kitchen and bathroom.
We had some time to pull weeds in the whole yard. It felt good to get that done. That's the kind of thing I put off until I can't any longer  you know?

Thanks for stopping by.  If you pray, please pray for my brother in Florida. He's having a stress test Wednesday.

Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...