Friday, July 21, 2017

You Are Very Special

Ever feel like you need a grown-up time-out chair? This is the one I want! I'll do whatever it takes to get a seat here! LOl
The ocean has always been a favorite place for me. It's a place where I can get lost in my thoughts and just relax. Things are calmer and I can think things through.

Sometimes it's hard to see ourselves honestly. Sometimes we are so negative that we bring our self  down. Satan has a way of making us doubt our self, our abilities, our faith, our belief.  Know this that you are a very special person. God made you for a special purpose. You were meant to be here. Look around and see who benefits because of you being here? See what you enjoy doing and do it. Ask God to reveal what He needs you to do.  Then sit back and listen to what He calls you to do.

 This is my huge aloe plant on the patio. This morning it had fallen a bit. To me it looked like a jaw of a man eating plant! LOL  I have to divide it soon.

This is one of the two cards I made with this cute chickadee stamp from Sweet N Sassy Stamps. I colored it with distress inks and a paint brush and water. I then embossed it with a wood embossing folder and did direct to paper inking in turquoise and crumb cake.

Here is the second card. I went lighter on the direct to paper inking.

This is the card for today's challenge. We were supposed to do a winter or Christmas card. I had pieces in a box that I put together. I found an embossing folder to match the designer paper.

This was in our room this morning. We think Chloe dragged the laundry basket from the bathroom to our room in the night. Then we found Phoebe asleep in it this morning. We should set up cameras to see all that goes on here in the night with these cats.


Verse of the Day:Luke 6:27-28  Wow, this is a tall order, don't you think?  I'm thinking of our family situation right now. There definitely isn't any gray area here. There's no, Love your enemies if you feel like it. Or payback evil that is done to you. God is clear here in what we need to do here with those that are against us.
Related image

Nothing like having your faith on a solid rock. This is a new song for me. I've included the lyrics below. Give it a listen and think about it.


Lyrics to Solid Rock
Let me fail a thousand times if that is what I need
Let me lose these dreams of mine if I need to taste defeat
You walk me through the fire until I see the heart of your desire
You came to me

And through these dark and raging seas
Your grace has not abandoned me
And for these storms I thank my God
For they drove me to the solid rock

From the shipwreck of my life, you build a truer heart
In my brokenness you shine, my loss is where you start
To form in me your will until my love is a reflection of
Your love for me

And through these dark and raging seas
Your grace has not abandoned me
And for these storms I thank my God
For they drove me to the solid rock

You pursue those you love
And so we have no need to fear
For these storms will draw us near
To you

And through these dark and raging seas
Your grace has not abandoned me
And for these storms I thank my God
For they drove me to the solid rock

And through these dark and raging seas
Your grace has not abandoned me
And for these storms I thank my God
For they drove me to the solid rock
And for they drove me to the solid rock
Yes you drove me to the solid rock
Lyrics powered by LyricFind

Blessing of the Day: I got to spend time with Sarah Annie.
Tim is making progress on the deck. He's a mighty worker. I can't believe all he can do.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...