Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 9, 2018


For Today, Tuesday January 9, 2018
This is where it all began.

Looking out my window it's dark except for the colorful Christmas lights twinkling up and down the street.

I am thinking that even though Christmas is over, it's still nice to see so many people put their lights on at night.

I am thankful that Tim made it through another day at work. I'm praying for him with all the stress he has at work.


One of my favorite things is sitting with a cup of coffee looking at pretty multi-colored lights in a dark room.

I take down my Christmas decorations with help from Sarah, then we put the Snowmen up.




I am creating cards for The South Carolina Juvenile Justice System. The cards I've sent has inspired kids to want to make their own. Kids are also completing homework to be able to pick a card to send to someone. God is so good. 


I am wearing warm socks, tennis shoes, jeans and a sweatshirt.

I am reading The Family of Jesus by Karen Kingsbury. It was researched using many sources then some fiction added to that. It's been an interesting read so far. So many times when I read her books, I can't put them down!  My father-in-law brought it to my attention. Go figure.

I am hoping it warms up and we see the sun again soon. Here in the Cleveland area, we don't get much sun in the winter.

I am learning how to add watermarks to my images again with a new FREE program called Pixlr.

In my kitchen I made my chili which we eat over angel hair spaghetti. Love, love, love the chili the second day! That's tomorrow, can't wait. I saw some chili recipes with corn in them. Do you make yours with corn? When the kids were home we'd eat chili with taco chips. Sure miss that. Maybe tomorrow I'll get some.
Image result for chili


In the stamp room things are a bit messy. I've cleaned up a bit after this morning's card. I usually can't stand it very long and it's cleaned so I can begin another project.
In my indoor plant room Christmas Cactus plants are blooming again. The kalanchoe is blooming. My plants sit in the east window which they love.
 Image result for kalanchoe




Board room I'm pinning Waterfront examples. It is one of Stampin' Up's new stamp sets from their Spring Occasions catalog. This is my sample but I'm looking for others.
Shared Quote- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.~Proverbs 3:5-6


A moment from my day-This is baby Chloe. She's a munchkin cat. Her legs are shorter than the average cat. She's a cuddler. She wants to be around people. She follows Tim around like a dog would. This breed of cats is great for kids.



Blessing of the Day- Tim and I spent time together talking tonight. My Bible reading reassured me to trust in God, with God on my side, who can win against me.  I was reassured that God is by my side all the time.

I am praying for Tim at his job and for my sister who is a nurse. She is interviewing for a nursing position working as a cancer navigator. I'm not sure what that is, but I think it's someone who works with patient and family to help with the in's and out's of what's needed.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...