Monday, January 29, 2018

Sick And Going To The Beach

It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been sick since Wednesday. It started as sinus drainage, then a cough, then an earache, then a fever. Oh my, what a week. So I've been sleeping in chairs, couches, anywhere I can be without coughing.
Saw the nurse practitioner yesterday. I got an antibiotic for my ear infection and pills for my dry cough.
I let Tim know how my appt. went as he was at his Dad's for lunch.
Interesting how the idea that with medication comes healing. (instant) 
Still feel crummy but my ear is better. Any moms, wives out there knows, If you are wearing clothes, not PJ's you're fine. LOL
sick cat GIF

Here's a picture of  a warm-weather beach. It's similar to where I was in Mexico. You sit under a little grass umbrella, drink sweet concoctions, and enjoy the gentle breezes that come your way.  This is where I'm pretending to be right now.  The only thing I need is the sound of the ocean hitting the sand.
  Ahhhhhhhh, that's better.  It's worth a try. You get tired of laying around without the energy to do what you want to do. 
I have been reading and re-reading this. It seems many of us focus on how things look and not on what God says He's going to do.  
So, if instead of focusing on how tough work is for Tim right now, and focus on what God says.
We easily get distracted and stressed by what IS, instead of knowing God's right there is is helping each step of the way.
Every day brings new mercies from God. A day of love and promise from our Lord himself.
This is a card I made, Thursday combining three challenges. Tuesday challenge was using red, white and silver. The sketch is Wednesday's challenge. Thursday's challenge was to use something you haven't used in a long time. I used my spritzer tool to add red speckles around the image.
 
This is the card that was my inspiration for Saturday's challenge.
Large Hearts- Madras Patchwork-Red, White, & Blue
This is my card.


Verse of the Day:
This is one of the verses Tim and I had on our wedding invitations.
Image result for Romans 3:20

I found this uplifting today as I recoup. I hope it helps you too.
Toby Mac sings, Undeniable.

Blessing of the Day: I'm up and around. Tim's at work. God's in us working His plan.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...